- The Meaning of Christmas (EDP feature)
- Doin' Different
- Perspectives on Literary and Linguistic Theory Part 2 Linguistic Theory
- Boudicca Britain's Dreaming
- Perspectives in Literary and Linguistic Theory Part 1. Critical Theory.
- Poem of the Month 2016-2020
- Tom and Harry
- Margery Kempe
- Doin’ different. (my 8th poetry collection) Poppyl...
- Exile in his Own Country (my 7th poetry collection) Bluechrome, 2006
- The Merchant of Bristol (my 4th poetry collection)...
- Britain's Dreaming (my 3rd poetry collection) - Fr...
- Poem of the Month 2007-2015
- A Job To Remember
- The Merchant of Lynn's Tale
- A Robin Hood Lesson
February 13, 2016
Living in the Past
I'm listening to 'Reason For Waiting' from Jethro Tull's second LP (and I mean LP, and vinyl) - that sunrise flute at the start and then the gentle-strong Anderson vocal 'What a sight for my eyes to see you in sleep/ Could it stop the sun rise hearing you weep...' I'm listening to it for the fourth time in succession and I have done this many times in the past. As the man sings, 'The memory stays clear'. It's 1971. I'm 14, listening to my first 'heavy' 'progressive' (folk) (blues) rock album, bought second hand. The first glimpse maybe of life beyond the bedroom I was in in my parents' big old Victorian house on the mighty (though westering and rusting) heavy metal Welsh coalfield. Wanting to be wherever Anderson was; to be in the band he was in; to be with the girl he was singing about...